Get all the products you need to manage traffic flow, improve road safety, and organise crowds of people at public events. Our traffic management and crowd control range offers a variety of products such as safety cones, permanent and temporary barriers, along with speed bumps and fencing.
We offer an extensive choice of items and accessories from leading brands such as Rocol and JSP, as well as our own brand range RS PRO.
What is traffic management and crowd control?
According to the Health and Safety Executive, on average about seven workers die each year as a result of accidents involving vehicles or mobile plant on construction sites, with a further 93 workers being seriously injured.
Traffic management is designed to reduce the risk of accidents and keep traffic flows moving. By law, employers and employees, including contractors, are required to manage the work site in a safe manner to protect workers and the general public from accidents. These measures include isolating the work area from traffic flows with lane closures, diversions or road closures. We offer a range of products which are self-enforcing, visible and wont obstruct access for emergency services.
As well as managing traffic, we also offer products to help control crowds of people at public events such as concerts, festivals and other outdoor activities. Measures such as fencing, tape and safety cones enable safe organisation of large numbers of people, as well as guaranteeing everyone has the best experience possible.
Types of traffic management and crowd control equipment
- Barriers and accessories – these are obstacles, structures or fences used to cordon off restricted areas to keep people safe, manage the flow of traffic and pedestrians, and direct members of the public to the right place at events.
- Floor marking paint and applicators – these tools are used to mark floors, typically in places such as warehouses and factories, as the paint can withstand regular exposure to trucks and forklifts. Its used to section off different areas to prevent accidents or create designated storage places. Its also applied in car parks, on pavements and outdoor sports pitches.
- Fencing – this equipment is used for directing members of the public to the right place and preventing unauthorised access to restricted areas.
- Speed bumps and accessories – these are traffic calming measures generally used in car parks and on roads to reduce vehicles speed. This is to increase safety for both drivers and pedestrians.
- Traffic and safety cones – these are commonly used for keeping vehicles and members of the public away from potentially dangerous or unrestricted areas.